Digital transformation projects and the IT requirements of the modern enterprise are growing in scale and complexity. A shortage of skilled IT personnel and an increased risk of failure means enterprises are turning to professional services partners for help to accelerate and de-risk their IT projects. But, how can an enterprise be confident in the capabilities of their chosen service partner? Well, for VMware customers, the answer is working with a member of the VMware Master Services Competency Partner Program.
What is the VMware Master Services Competency Partner Program?
Launched in 2018, the program was introduced to drive the success of VMware customers. The MSC’s are awarded to partners whose service capabilities have been validated, so enterprise customers can be assured that they are in safe hands when it comes to the design and deployment of their VMware solution.
What are VMware Master Services Competencies?
The Master Services Competencies (MSC’s) are VMware Partner enablement designations designed to identify the very best support for customers. To attain each of the MSC’s, a VMware Partner must demonstrate services delivery experience by providing three customer references for recently completed projects.
What are the Master Services Competency areas?
- Cloud Management and Automation – designates expertise in delivery of VMware Cloud Management and Automation solutions and services. Achieving this competency validates deep understanding and execution of cloud management design principles and methodologies.
- Data Center Virtualization – designates expertise in delivery of VMware vSphere® environments and digital infrastructure services. Achieving this competency validates deep understanding and execution of Data Center Virtualization design principles and methodologies.
- Desktop and Mobility – designates expertise designing, installing, and maintaining VMware Workspace ONE and Horizon solutions. Achieving this competency validates deep understanding and execution of desktop and mobility design principles and methodologies to deliver a scalable and reliable digital workspace.
- Network Virtualization – designates expertise in delivery of VMware NSX environments and services. Achieving this competency validates deployment and optimization of NSX environment capabilities.
What are the requirements for achieving a Master Services Competency?
A Master Services Competency is not officially achieved until training requirements are met and references are submitted. Partners must:
- Achieve a specified number and type of VMware Certifications – VCPs and VCAPs: five (5) certified individuals, with at least two certified at the Advanced Professional level (see below).
- Submit three (3) Customer References per technology area to verify partner capabilities
How do Master Services Competencies differ from Solution Competencies?
VMware offers Partner Competencies in two areas: Solution Competencies and Master Services Competencies. Solution Competencies are a first step in partner achievement of sales and pre- and post-sales technical expertise in VMware virtualization and cloud computing solutions. They include sales training as well as both pre- and post-sales technical trainings.
VMware Master Services Competencies require achieving advanced technical certifications and proof of high-level service capability and expertise as validated by the partner’s customers. Unlike Solution Competencies, a partner organization must demonstrate services delivery experience by providing three customer references for recently completed projects in order to achieve a Master Services Competency (in addition to meeting the training requirements.)
Who are Xtravirt?
Xtravirt are a leading cloud consultancy business and holder of all the VMware Master Services Competencies. Furthermore, Xtravirt is a VMware Global Innovation Award winner, and current VMware Global Services Partner of the Year.
Xtravirt work with mid-sized to large enterprises across all business sectors.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help guide your business to success then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you.