Custom vRealize automation solution results in flexible platform to support fluctuating usage demand.
International leaders for multi-channel betting and gaming, this renowned British bookmaker offers an unrivalled choice of products and highest standards of service to customers. With a strong online presence and market leading technology, they aspire to be the number one choice for customers, however they choose to bet and game.
- Transfer of infrastructure management to in-house to aid future business growth
- Ensure rapid production of new scalable infrastructure to support varying usage demands during peak activity
- Efficient Xtravirt consulting integration with the automation team on site, to ensure minimal disruption to the customer’s complex infrastructure
- Scalable automation/ orchestration solution deployed to support online presence and internal systems
- Design and production of a vRealize Automation infrastructure, with Puppet integration via vRA and vRO
- Use of existing technology ‘Foreman’ to assist Puppet management, providing additional flexibility and capability
- Jenkins continuous integration tool used to bridge technologies between GitLab and vRA publishing of blueprints
- 79% reduction of time taken to wait for a virtual machine (VM), resulting in the deployment of hundreds of servers within a few hours
- Management of the infrastructure transferred internally removing need for third party and costs incurred
- A repeatable platform ready for deployment across 3 European locations
- Creation and augmentation of a self-service portal enabling users to submit service requests against templated offerings and drive support efficiencies
Tags: Automation, Jenkins, Orchestration, Puppet, VMware, vRealize
Date Published: 15th June 2017
Date Modified: 26th July 2019