Giving public sector employees a better user experience with a modernised and secure workspace
The organisation’s central office was being re-located prompting a review of the workspace infrastructure and its current constraints. The following issues were identified:
- The adoption time for new infrastructure and services on the current workspace was taking up to 12 months – too long for a large organisation with rapidly changing needs.
- The current infrastructure didn’t allow for flexible or remote working.
- Access to some critical systems required using different fixed workstations which meant that some users had multiple workstations on their desks resulting in inefficiencies and decreased productivity.
Xtravirt consultants led the discovery phase to understand the customer’s challenges, vision, requirements and constraints to produce comprehensive solution design documentation.
The solution design and implemented included:
- An active – active dual site VMware on-premises EUC stack, including VMware Identity Manager, VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise, Windows 10 VDI Desktops and Windows 2016 RDSH Farms
- Trend Deep Security and NSX Guest Introspection was implemented for antivirus
- vRealize Log Insight and Operations Manager was implemented for monitoring
Conducted full single and dual site testing and verification checks.
Modernised workspace infrastructure – designing and implementing the new EUC environment on modernised infrastructure, Xtravirt were also able to bridge any gaps in the client’s resourcing availability and knowledge, for example, around the provision of core infrastructure components such as the new Active Directory domain and Trend Deep Security.
Secure access – Users now have reliable and secure access to restricted environments from company issued devices, enabling flexible and remote working.
Reduced risk and cost-savings – Applications have been brought up to date, improving business continuity and reducing hardware maintenance costs.
Increased productivity – Adoption time for new infrastructure and services has been greatly improved by up to 50%.
Enhance employee experience – Equipped with a modernised workspace infrastructure, staff now have a better employee experience with improved access to the applications and services they need.
At a glance
- Review of workspace infrastructure highlighted a number of constraints and limitations
- Adoption time for new infrastructure and services was lengthy and didn’t allow for flexible or remote working
- Access to critical systems and processes relied on fixed workstations resulting in inefficiencies
- Delivered and active-active dual site VMware on-premises EUC stack
- Integrated antivirus and security solutions
- Enabled monitoring solutions
- Full single and dual site testing and verification
- Implementation of new EUC environment on modernised infrastructure
- Significant reduction in adoption time for new infrastructure and services
- Reliable and secure access to systems enabling flexible and remote working
- Enhanced employee experience with improved access to apps and services