At a glance
Organisations are more mobile than ever and leveraging new technologies and devices for work. Businesses are consuming a mixture of desktop and mobile apps, expecting a consistent experience and streamlined access.
VMware Horizon® delivers virtualised or hosted desktops and applications through a single platform to end users. Services include RDS hosted and packaged apps with VMware ThinApp®, SaaS, and virtualised apps from Citrix, which can all be accessed from one digital workspace across devices, locations, media and connections without compromising quality and user experience.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If a Horizon based virtualised desktop and application infrastructure is on your roadmap, then this is the place to start.
This Planning Workshop for VMware Horizon is a structured 2 day advisory service delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- First hand practical preparation and training from Xtravirt Horizon specialists, tailored to your environment, leveraging their experience to set the right deployment approach for your organisation, and avoid any potential pitfalls associated with workspace transformation
- Expert coaching through strategy and planning sessions that identify which use cases will give you the greatest return on investment
- Documented findings captured directly from the sessions, including key planning information around solution design, real world best practices, project impacts and dependencies
Managing and delivering services in a mobile cloud world, with traditional PC-centric tools has become increasingly challenging. Data loss and image drift are real security and compliance concerns, and organisations are struggling to contain costs.
Horizon provides IT with a new streamlined approach to deliver, protect, and manage Windows and Linux desktops and applications, while containing costs and ensuring that end users can work anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- Simplified Access: Provide end users with easy access to virtual desktops and published applications, including RDS hosted applications and Citrix XenApp through a single digital workspace
- Rapid Deployment: Rapidly deploy full-featured, personalised digital workspaces, leveraging Just-in-time Management Platform (JMP) technologies which include Instant Clones, App Volumes and User Environment Management
- Straightforward monitoring: Easily monitor performance, alerts, and remediate issues to help deliver an immersive, feature-rich user experience for consumers across devices, locations, media and network connections with Blast performance
- Accelerate delivery: Deploy Windows and Linux resources rapidly at scale across multiple data centres with Horizon for Windows and Horizon for Linux, including workstation class performance with rich 2D and 3D graphics using Blast 3D
- Simplify authentication: Remove verification complexity across all desktop and app services with True SSO and contextual, granular, role-based policies that connect on user, device and location information
- Faultless integration: Seamless turnkey integration with VMware’s Software-Defined Data Centre solutions, eliminating the need to build, test and support disparate storage, virtualisation and networking products
Key Use Cases
- Simplify and streamline IT operations – centrally delivered business desktops and applications from within the data centre reduces overhead in areas such as desktop provisioning, image sprawl, application installations, software updates and end user support.
- Increase mobile and agile working – increase productivity of your workforce on the move. Horizon enables desktops, applications and data to be delivered to any device, anywhere, facilitating BYOD solutions.
- Strengthen IT security – reduce your IT security risk and limit vulnerability to the perimeter of the data centre, reducing the amount of sensitive business data on end user devices. Horizon enforces policy-based controls on how internal and external resources can be accessed.
- Cost reduction – replacing outdated desktop hardware with Horizon enables low cost thin clients to provide your organisation with cost savings when compared to traditional desktop refresh cycles, maintenance and energy consumption.