At a glance
VMware® Workspace ONE™ is the intelligence driven digital workspace platform that delivers and manages any app on any device. By integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management, Workspace ONE engages digital employees, reduces the threat of data leakage, and modernizes traditional IT operations for the Mobile Cloud Era.
Workspace ONE is aligned with key market trends such as the rapid adoption of new SaaS and mobile applications as well as adhering to many corporate ‘cloud first’ strategies with an annual cloud subscription model.
When making a transition to Workspace ONE, Xtravirt’s Jumpstart service can help ensure the process happens smoothly and mitigates the risks involved in moving to a cloud service.
The VMware Workspace ONE Jumpstart service by Xtravirt is a structured, best practice fluid programme of engagement providing:
- an increased understanding of the solution components that make up Workspace ONE, including VMware AirWatch® and VMware Identity Manager™
- validation of the key use cases for Workspace ONE • expert led sessions focused on the specific challenges your organisation is trying to solve regarding enterprise mobility, identity and application delivery
- leading industry experience and knowledge transfer to set the right approach for your organisation’s workspace transformation, including design decisions, deployment options and procedural changes to avoid potential pitfalls
- full documentation of findings captured directly from the sessions along with key planning information around Workspace ONE readiness, design decisions, vendor and real world best practices, impacts and dependencies
Why Workspace ONE?
- Provides consumer-simple, single sign-on access to cloud, mobile, web and Windows apps in one unified catalog
- Powerfully integrated email, calendar, file and social collaboration tools that engage employees
- Empower employees by enabling a ‘Bring your own Device’ (BYOD) model
- Provide corporate devices with the ability for IT to enforce finegrained,risk-based conditional access policies that also take into account device compliance information
- Onboard a new employee with all of their apps and devices rapidly without tickets and help desk calls
- Set and enforce access and data policies across all apps, devices, and locations in one place
- Complete business processes from a mobile device, similar to consumer experiences • Provision a new corporate laptop out of the box, anywhere in the world, from the cloud within minutes
- Get insights and automation capabilities across your entire digital workspace environment
- Deliver corporate resources and applications securely to employees virtually anywhere with PC, mobile device and mobile application management capabilities from the cloud
- Provide access to internal web applications via the Cloud secured with identity management and multi factor authentication
Activities and Outcomes
The Workspace ONE Jumpstart engagement follows a proven and standardised approach consisting of:
- project kick off meetings, presentation of Workspace ONE from technical and operation perspective, mobilisation of project teams
- in depth requirement and information capture through workshop sessions, knowledge transfer with technical deep dive
- hands on investigation and toolset deployment to collate information on existing platforms such as VMware vSphere® and VMware Horizon®, networking and security, access and authentication, application delivery, end clients and mobile devices
The outcomes of this phase are a Workspace ONE:
- use case validation and deployment strategy document outlining the product components required to meet the business requirements
- solution architecture diagram showing the VMware components involved and integrations at a high level
- readiness checklist identifying any detailed risks, issues and remediation steps required prior to the introduction of the desired Workspace ONE features
Typical duration: 1 week
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/ hybrid clouds for user workspaces with self-service provisioning and management.
Related services delivered by Xtravirt include, Workspace Express, Cloud Connect for VMware Horizon and Planning Workshop for VMware Horizon. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.