At a glance
The Automation Readiness Assessment assists organisations looking to automate the delivery of infrastructure, applications, workflows and custom IT services. Automation enables you to work across a multivendor private, public, hybrid or multi cloud infrastructure, giving you both flexibility and investment protection for current and future technology and business choices.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If cloud automation is on your roadmap then this is the place to start.
The Automation Readiness Assessment is a structured 3-day planning and strategy service delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- First hand practical preparation from specialists, tailored to your environment. Leverage their experience to set the right approach for your organisation and avoid any potential pitfalls
- Strategy and planning sessions that identify which areas will give you the greatest return on investment
- Documented findings captured directly from the sessions which centralise key planning information around solution design, real world best practices, impacts, and dependencies
Automation solutions deliver the agility necessary for IT to respond quickly and appropriately to new business requests across a broad range of use cases as well as release staff to be more productive and to maintain skills in areas required.
- Reduce provisioning time for infrastructure and applications across multi-vendor platforms with editable or customised automation blueprints
- Remove manual, time consuming and error prone processes reducing overhead from IT support teams
- Improve service delivery with a personalised self-service catalogue, reducing the temptation for shadow IT, while ensuring policy-based governance
- Broad extensibility enables leveraging of existing toolsets such as ServiceNow via standard APIs
Key Use Cases
- Streamlined IT – workflows for infrastructure provisioning, autoremediation of issues and maintaining optimal performance and service delivery
- Private Cloud – Custom on demand services per department or tenant
- Hybrid Cloud – Dynamically burst to and from public cloud during peak times
- DevOps – Ability to support rapid iteration and DevOps principles by automating the development pipeline
Activities and Outcomes
- On-site sessions to gain a deep understanding of what automation is and how it works, including associated technologies and concepts
- Workshop session discussing organisation strategy, requirements, constraints and operational readiness
- Capturing of specific use cases and definition of a high level design approach and framework implementation model
- Upon completion of this engagement you will receive a report documenting the findings which will include a business case with benefits analysis and a roadmap displaying the next steps of the workflow design.
- Kick off Workshop
- Business Workshop
- Operational Drivers Workshop
- Environment Workshop
- Automation Planning Workshop
- Automation Workflow Workshop
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, and including designing and building private/hybrid clouds & self-service provisioning and management.
Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include, Cloud Automation for VMware vRealize and SDDC Assess, Design and Deploy for VMware. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.