At a glance
Digital transformation requires businesses to provide a superior employee experience for higher productivity and stronger security policies for data loss prevention. Citrix Workspace offers a user-centric experience where everything you need to work is in one unified app, built on trusted Citrix Receiver technology, with conditional access and performance made simple based on user context and IT-designed policies. Citrix Workspace fully aggregates all apps and data across all applications, both on-premises and cloud, to deliver the right experience to the right user at the right time.
When making a transition to Citrix Workspace, Xtravirt’s Jumpstart Service can help ensure the process happens smoothly.
The Citrix Workspace Jumpstart service by Xtravirt is a structured, best practice fluid programme of engagement providing:
- an increased understanding of the solution components that make up Citrix Workspace, including Citrix Endpoint Management, Content Collaboration, Citrix Access Security, Citrix Apps and Desktops and Citrix Analytics
- validation of the key use cases for Citrix Workspace. Expert led sessions focused on the specific challenges your organisation is trying to solve regarding enterprise mobility, identity and application delivery
- leading industry experience and knowledge transfer to set the right approach for your organisation’s workspace transformation, including design decisions, deployment options and procedural changes to avoid potential pitfalls
- full documentation of findings captured directly from the sessions along with key planning information around Citrix Workspace readiness, design decisions, vendor and real-world best practices, impacts and dependencies
Why Citrix Workspace?
- Enables IT to deliver secure access to apps, data and services on any device through a single pane of glass for comprehensive management, visibility and intelligence, including actional end-to-end analytics
- Empowers the end-user with a familiar experience across all device types with the Citrix Workspace app.
- Workspace app provides a single point of entry to the entire user workspace, including managed mobile apps, web, SaaS, Windows and Linux app/desktops and distributed file stores
- Citrix Workspace platform integrates with identity providers to authenticate users
- Citrix Workspace experience U/I works in conjunction with the associated identity provider to deliver instant, password free access to virtual apps & desktops, mobile apps & productivity and SaaS applications supporting SAML 2.0
- Get new users on-boarded quickly with streamlined enrolment workflows
- Simplify IT’s ability to automate security based on user behaviour and risk analysis with comprehensive analytics
Activities and Outcomes
The Citrix Workspace Jumpstart engagement follows a proven and standardised approach consisting of:
- project kick off meetings, presentation of Citrix Workspace from technical and operation perspective, mobilisation of project teams
- in depth requirement and information capture through workshop sessions, knowledge transfer with technical deep dive
- hands on investigation and use of toolsets to collate information on existing platforms such as Citrix Hypervisor and VMware vSphere® hypervisors, traditional ‘thick’ client end user compute delivery as well as hosted virtual apps and desktops with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops or VMware Horizon®, networking and security, access and authentication, end clients and mobile devices
The outcomes of this phase are a Citrix Workspace:
- use case validation and deployment strategy document outlining the product components required to meet the business requirements
- solution architecture diagram showing the Citrix components involved and integrations at a high level
- readiness checklist identifying any detailed risks, issues and remediation steps required prior to the introduction of the desired Citrix Workspace features
Typical duration: 1 week
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/ hybrid clouds for user workspaces with self-service provisioning and management.
Related services delivered by Xtravirt include Health Check Service for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Cloud Readiness Assessment and Citrix Cloud Connect with Microsoft Azure.