At a glance
VMware vRealize® Automation automates the delivery of infrastructure, applications and custom IT services. Cloud automation lets you deploy across a multi-vendor hybrid cloud infrastructure, giving you both flexibility and investment protection for current and future technology choices.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If cloud automation is on your roadmap then this is the place to start.
Cloud Automation for VMware vRealize is a structured 2-day planning and strategy service delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- Gain first hand practical preparation and training from specialists, tailored to your environment. Leverage their experience to set the right approach for your organisation, thereby avoiding any potential pitfalls
- Obtain expert coaching through strategy and planning sessions that identifies which focal areas will give you the greatest return on investment
- Receive documented findings captured directly from the sessions which centralise key planning information around solution design, real world best practices, impacts, and dependencies
vRealize Automation solutions deliver the agility necessary for IT to respond quickly and appropriately to new business requests across a broad range of use cases.
- Reduce provisioning time for infrastructure and applications across multi-vendor platforms with editable or customised automation blueprints
- Remove manual, time consuming and error prone processes reducing overhead from IT support teams
- Improve service delivery with a personalised self-service catalogue, reducing the temptation for shadow IT, while ensuring policy-based governance
- Broad extensibility enables leveraging of existing toolsets such as ServiceNow via standard APIs
Key Use Cases
- Streamlined IT – workflows for infrastructure provisioning, auto-remediation of issues and maintaining optimal performance and service delivery
- Private Cloud – Custom on demand services per department or tenant
- Hybrid Cloud – Dynamically burst to and from public cloud during peak times
- DevOps – Ability to support rapid iteration and DevOps principles by automating the development pipeline
1.1.1 Activities and Outcomes
Xtravirt’s service delivers the following:
- Onsite training to gain a deep understanding of what vRealize Automation is and how it works, including associated technologies and concepts
- Gain first-hand experience working through live workflow examples via hands-on lab sessions
- Workshop session discussing organisation strategy, requirements, constraints and operational readiness
- Capturing of specific use cases and definition of a high level design approach and framework implementation model
- Presentation of documented findings including next step options
1.1.2 Workshop Schedule
- Introduction to a Software-Defined Data Centre
- vRealize Automation and Orchestration Architectural overview
- Hands on session creating two automated workflows
- Information gathering session covering existing environment and processes
- Customer use case discussion
- Strategy definition and planning session
- High level design workshop
- Next steps for deploying Automation
1.1.3 Additional Services
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, and including designing and building private/hybrid clouds & self-service provisioning and management.
Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include the Automation Readiness Assessment and SDDC Cloud Management Accelerator for VMware. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.