At a glance
Many businesses are beginning to recognise that with hybrid cloud they can get the best of both worlds: on-demand access to IT resources, together with the flexibility to move workloads on or off site to meet specific needs. But how do you get started in evaluating whether your organisation is ready for cloud adoption?
CloudCheck with Xtravirt evaluates your organisation’s readiness for adopting a hybrid cloud solution and guides you through the options from several prominent public cloud providers.
- Validate business case, and accelerate enablement for adopting a hybrid cloud model, significantly reducing the time and risk to assess, architect and integrate hybrid cloud
- Identify use cases and benefits through an expert review of your existing environment and services for hybrid cloud suitability, including a structured TCO analysis
- Reduce the time needed to gain insight into security and compliance requirements when adopting multi-regional data residency
- Assess and benchmark cost model options, contractual obligations, and compare workload resource profiles
CloudCheck with Xtravirt examines your functional and business requirements and applies these to use cases from industry recognised providers, such as Microsoft, AWS and VMware (OVH), as well as other leading cloud vendors.
We explain how each vendor delivers hybrid cloud, and uncover unique benefits relevant to your organisation. We explore the functional aspects of administration and provisioning, and delve into more complex topics such as integration planning.
Upon completion of this assessment, you’ll have a clearer understanding of the roadmap for your organisation to make hybrid cloud adoption as effective as possible from both an IT and business perspective.
Activities and Outcomes
Xtravirt’s service delivers the following:
- Understanding of your current and future business requirements and alignment of these to cloud provider use cases and features, to support your business case
- Explanation of what each hybrid cloud provider offers in order to establish strengths and identify which are suited and relevant to your organisation’s requirements
- Review of your current technology platforms and how they fit into service delivery as part of maximising cloud opportunities
- Review of IT processes required to support a hybrid cloud adoption
- Technical deep dive into provider functionality covering topics such as access portals, provisioning services, inbound workload migration and external network connectivity
- Discussion around the next steps of your IT journey, including the transition methodology and how to achieve quick wins
Upon completion of this engagement we will provide two reports:
- Cloud provider recommendation report
- Cloud readiness assessment report
- Identify organisational requirements
- Map requirements against Hybrid cloud vendors
- Business and technology discovery workshops
- Financial TCO Analysis
- Operational workflow and gap analysis
- Presentation of the provider recommendation and assessment findings
- Roadmap and next steps
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/hybrid clouds and self-service provisioning and management.
Other additional services delivered by Xtravirt include, CloudConcept, CloudConnect for Disaster Recovery and CloudConnect for Test and Development. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.