At a glance
Many organisations are exploring options for moving data centre functionality to the cloud to reduce costs and improve agility and responsiveness to business demands. Moving disaster recovery to the cloud in a secure infrastructure-as-a-service model, is an effective approach to overcoming the challenges of cost, complexity, and under-utilisation of traditional disaster recovery solutions.
Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) providers enable a common, unified management, networking, and security platform which extends your data centre to the cloud. They offer high availability and migration within the cloud to improve performance and proactively avoid application outages.
CloudConnect for Disaster Recovery with Xtravirt, delivers a proof-of-concept environment, together with comprehensive hands-on training and enablement for customers to integrate with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. It allows you to seamlessly extend your disaster recovery capabilities, reducing costs, complexity and time to value, compared with traditional solutions.
- Fast-track qualification, design and enablement DRaaS using the available cloud providers
- Significantly reduce time and risk, to assess, architect and integrate a cloud-based disaster recovery solution
- Personalised hands-on training with your own in-house proof-of-concept environment to reduce time to production roll-out
- Accelerate advanced training for your teams, enabling optimised implementation and robust business-as-usual support
Activities and Outcomes
- Overview of the chosen cloud provider and their capabilities together with design workshops for DRaaS followed by implementation of various use-case scenarios
- Technical enablement through deep dive workshops covering workload provisioning, networking and security
- Integration of the chosen cloud provider into your in-house environment as a hands-on proof-of-concept
- Architectural design overview for DRaaS environments within the chosen cloud provider, together with guidance for implementation, optimisation and operation of these environments
- Overview of the subscription model and summary assessment of existing operational procedures as it relates to a hybrid cloud model
- Overview of DRaaS cloud provider
- TCO overview and financial models
- Cloud provider technical deep dive
- Integration of the hybrid service into your environment
- DRaaS deep dive and design workshops
- Implementation of disaster recovery scenarios
- Approaches for optimisation and automating disaster recovery in a hybrid cloud environment
- Operational process and procedure definition
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/hybrid clouds and self-service provisioning and management.
Other additional services delivered by Xtravirt include, CloudCheck, CloudConnect for Disaster Recovery and CloudConnect for Test and Development. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.