At a glance
Amazon Web Services is a public cloud operator providing access to compute, network and storage across 16 geographic regions, and operates out of 42 different availability zones.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If you are considering a move to AWS, then this is the place to start.
IaaS for AWS is a structured 2-day planning and strategy workshop delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- Onsite workshops delivered by experts that outline the core differences in cloud computing models and identify the specific challenges that your organisation is trying to resolve with IaaS, as well as how AWS can help you to overcome these challenges
- Hands-on preparation and training delivered by our specialists, leveraging their experience and expertise to avoid potential pitfalls and tailor an approach specifically for your environment
- Centralised and accelerated key planning around solution design and help applying best practice considerations, using documented findings captured directly from the sessions
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provides a simple way of delivering the broad set of components, applications and services that businesses need over the internet. A well deployed IaaS environment can give
IT and Development teams the ability to focus on what matters most and avoids any delays from procurement, maintenance or capacity planning issues.
- Contains the building blocks for Cloud IT; compute, storage and networking, providing the highest levels of flexibility and management control
- Increased speed and agility, with IT resources immediately available through a portal with access to multiple regions, allowing you to distribute services globally within minutes
- Reduce CapEx and move to an OpEx model by only paying for services and resources that are consumed, with minimal management overhead of underlying infrastructure
Key Use Cases
- Enterprise Infrastructure – speed up provisioning and reduce procurement time. Enable automatic or dynamic up and down scaling of infrastructure, while reducing physical infrastructure footprint. Enable rapid new business on-boarding or mergers
- Cloud hosting – improve redundancy and high-availability, taking advantage of globally available services. Flexible usage based pricing and simpler hybrid cloud deployments
- Dev/Test and Production – volatile workloads with significant peaks and troughs around infrastructure demand, or rapid organisation growth where scaling hardware would be problematic
Activities and Outcomes
- Strong understanding of AWS, the key components that make up its IaaS offering and the required technologies and follow on services with expert training onsite
- Discovery of organisation vision, requirements, limitations and operational readiness through workshop discussions
- Capturing of specific use cases and definition of a high-level design approach and framework implementation model
- Gathering of information to accelerate and reduce the risk of later activities and project phases
- Summarising and presenting of findings
- Introduction to AWS and its Global Infrastructure
- AWS Management Console demo
- AWS Key Components and Services
- Information gathering session covering existing customer environment and operational processes
- Customer use case discussion
- Strategy definition and planning session
- High Level Design Workshop
- Next Steps for moving to AWS with Xtravirt
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/ hybrid clouds & self-service provisioning and management.Additional Services
Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include, CloudCheck, CloudConnect for Disaster Recovery and CloudConnect for Test and Development. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.