At a glance
The network virtualisation platform VMware NSX®, is a key product in the SDDC architecture. With VMware NSX, virtualisation now delivers for networking what it has already delivered for compute and storage.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If software-defined networking is on your roadmap, then this is the place to start.
Network Virtualisation Planning for VMware NSX is a structured 2-day planning and strategy service delivered by Xtravirt that will enable you to:
- Gain first hand practical preparation and training from specialists, tailored to your environment. You’ll be able to leverage their experience to set the right approach for your organisation, thereby avoiding any potential pitfalls
- Obtain expert coaching through strategy and planning sessions that identifies which focal areas will give you the greatest return on investment
- Receive documented findings captured directly from the sessions which centralise key planning information around solution design, real world best practices, impacts and dependencies
NSX can enhance and simplify the datacentre environment, as well as deliver immediate benefits to the business across a broad range of use cases.
- Realise operational efficiency through automation and network segmentation, reducing provisioning time from days to seconds
- Select from a library of logical networking elements and services, such as distributed switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS and so on
- Achieve operational efficiency gains through SDN automation and network segmentation, and direct integration of existing third party network and security solutions
- Enable a non-disruptive deployment over existing physical networks and topologies, while supporting multiple hypervisors
Key Use Cases
- Infrastructure Security and Management – increase security with micro-segmentation and dynamic firewalling, while reducing rule sprawl with central policy management. Environments can be isolated, enabling mobile DMZ’s and secure end user workloads (e.g. VDI)
- Data Centre Automation and Optimisation – reduce network provisioning time and simplify management, whilst reducing the risk through automated policies that avoid manual errors. Remove traditional concerns around VLAN limitations and enable self-service features
- Business Continuity – simplify disaster recovery and connect to Hybrid Cloud environments using intelligent distributed architecture and capacity pooling
Activities and Outcomes
Xtravirt’s service delivers the following:
- Onsite training to gain a deeper understanding of what NSX is and how it works, including associated technologies and concepts
- Workshop sessions discussing organisation strategy requirements, constraints and operation readiness
- Assessment of specific use cases and definition of a high level design approach and framework implementation model
- Presentation of documented findings including next step options
- Introduction to a Software-Defined Data Centre
- Network Virtualisation with VMware NSX
- NSX Key Components and Services overview
- Overview and key considerations when deploying NSX
- Bridging virtual and physical workloads
- Customer use case assessment
- Introduction to NSX troubleshooting
- High-level design workshop
- Next steps for deploying NSX
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/hybrid clouds and self-service provisioning and management.
Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include, the Cybersecurity Review Service and SDDC Assess, Design and Deploy for VMware . Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.