At a glance
Microsoft® Office 365™ is an online enterprise platform providing services for cloud hosted email and storage, collaboration, device management, security and networking, as well as access to familiar software from the Microsoft Office family.
Implementation services delivered by Xtravirt will mitigate the possible risks involved when moving to a cloud service, and will provide your business with the reassurance and support it needs to accelerate the transition into Office 365.
The Office 365 Accelerator delivered by Xtravirt is a structured, best practice fluid programme that provides the following:
- An increased understanding of the deployment phases required to realise a successful transition to Office 365 through expert lead sessions
- First hand practical preparation and knowledge transfer from specialists, tailored to the Office 365 components that will address the specific challenges your organisation is trying to solve, and the best way to integrate these components within your current environment
- Leading industry experience to set the right approach for your organisation, including deployment options and procedural changes to avoid potential pitfalls
- Documented findings captured directly from the sessions, collating key planning information around Office 365 readiness, remediation, solution design, vendor and real-world best practices, impacts and dependencies
- Successful introduction of Office 365 through build of cloud infrastructure and enablement of required features as per designs
- Preparation for the transition through migration of live data to the cloud and solution acceptance with structured outcome-based testing
- Project management and engagement throughout to ensure successful delivery passing through each Office 365 deployment phase
Why Office 365?
- Get peace of mind knowing your services are consistently available with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, as well as a financially backed service level agreement
- Achieve a SaaS model with email and data secured in the cloud, helping reduce on premise infrastructure footprint, management and cost
- Cutting edge security practices with five layers of security and proactive monitoring to ensure your data is kept safe
- Access online versions of office applications on any device at any time, plus fully installed applications on approved user devices with no need to pay for version upgrades; updates are included in your subscription and new features can be rolled out to Office 365 users through an IT configurable experience
- Deliver corporate resources and applications securely to employees virtually anywhere with PC, mobile devices or mobile application management capabilities from the cloud
- Provide access to internal web applications via the Cloud, secured with identity management and multi factor authentication
Activities and Outcomes
Each Office 365 engagement will follow a proven and standardised approach consisting of, Initiate, Discover, Assess, Design and Enable.
Initiate, Discover and Assess
- Project kick off meetings, presentation of Office 365 from technical and operation perspective; project teams are mobilised
- In depth requirement and information capture through workshop sessions, knowledge transfer with technical deep dive
- Hands on investigation and toolset deployment to collate detailed information on existing platforms such as Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft Exchange, Windows clients and mobile devices
The outcomes of this phase are:
- An Office 365 deployment strategy outlining the product components required to meet the business requirements
- An enablement plan outlining future project activities and high level allocation of tasks
- A discovery report and readiness checklist identifying any detailed risks, issues and remediation steps required prior to the introduction of the desired Office 365 features
Typical duration: 1 week
Design and Enable
- Project planning sessions for remediation activity and risk mitigation, review of deployment strategy and required Office 365 features
- Design workshops with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to aid the production of solution design, based on gathered information and design decisions made
- Acquire, build and configure the Office 365 features and supporting cloud services as per designs
- Integrate identity management and create administration roles, groups and initial workloads to begin production use of Office 365
- Prepare and execute the migration of test data including email, calendar, contacts and file data into Office 365
- Perform business and acceptance testing of the platform, including management and reporting functions
The outcomes of this phase are:
- Architectural Office 365 design and configuration workbook documents for the required solution components
- A production ready Office 365 platform as per approved designs for further testing and migrations
- Project handover, support documentation and knowledge transfer
Typical duration: 5 weeks
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/hybrid clouds for user workspaces with self-service provisioning and management.
Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include Cloud Check and Migration as a Service. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.