At a glance
VMware vSphere® is the industry leading virtualisation platform. It allows IT organisations to meet SLAs for the most demanding business-critical applications at the lowest total cost of ownership.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If your infrastructure health is of concern, then this is the place to start.
The Upgrade Service for VMware vSphere is a best practice and structured advancement from vSphere 5.x to 6.x, delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- A reliable, managed upgrade that is planned, defined and implemented with an experienced, certified VMware consultant
- An up-to-date and independently tested vSphere 6.x environment. One-to-one training throughout ensures hands-on understanding of new features and best practices
- A comprehensive health and optimisation check, along with up to date configuration documentation
Approach and Timeline
Xtravirt’s leading consultants will work with your organisation following a phased approached, which includes;
- Planning – Xtravirt will conduct kick-off meetings and presentations to identify key stakeholders, goals, customer requirements and dependencies
- Preparation – Solution workshop, pre-flight considerations, and a Q&A session with an Xtravirt consultant
- Implementation – The upgrade of the vSphere environment
- Validation – Pre and post upgrade report together with training and best practice recommendations
- Conclusion – Xtravirt will provide a thorough analysis of the engagement through a final presentation
The implementation time frame for a VMware vSphere upgrade varies based on the size of the scope. An example project size and duration is outlined below.
Project to include:
- Upgrade of up to 2 production vCenter servers
- Upgrade of up to 10 production ESX/ESXi hosts
- Upgrade of up to 100 production virtual machines
Typical duration: 15 days
Activities and Outcomes
- Identify engagement risks, inhibitors and constraints, and provide technical audit and analysis, including white boarding sessions to review the current environment
- Deliver a best practice deployment of vSphere 6.x into a live customer environment, with pre and post production validation and recommendations on how to further optimise the platform
- Interactive best practice workshops and Q&A sessions to provide full understanding of the complete upgrade process alongside knowledge transfer of new features
- Installation and use of Sonar to aid creation of a detailed VMware Infrastructure Health Report. Final presentation summarising findings and recommendations
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/hybrid clouds and self-service provisioning and management.
Other follow on services delivered by Xtravirt include, Virtualisation Health Check for VMware vSphere and VMware SDDC Assess, Design and Deploy services. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.