At a glance
Organisations are looking to get more flexibility from their cloud infrastructure and expect a more consistent experience and streamlined access. With the same architectural and operational experience onpremises and in the cloud, IT teams can now quickly achieve business value from the use of AWS and VMware.
VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS enables Enterprise IT and Operations teams to continue to add value to their business in the AWS cloud, while maximizing their VMware investments, without the need to buy new hardware. This offering enables customers to quickly and confidently scale capacity up or down , without change or friction, for any workload with access to native cloud services.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If you are considering a move to VMC on AWS, then this is the place to start.
The VMC on AWS Planning Workshop is a structured 2-day planning and strategy service delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- Expert coaching through onsite workshops outlines the core differentiators and benefits in the VMC on AWS models and identifies the specific challenges your organisation is trying to resolve with VMC on AWS.
- First hand practical preparation and training from specialists, tailored to your environment. Leverage our experience to set the right approach for your organisation, thereby avoiding any potential pitfalls.
- Documented findings captured directly from the sessions help centralise and accelerate key planning around solution design and highlight best practice considerations.
Why VMC on AWS
VMC on AWS brings the VMware SDDC to the AWS cloud, delivered as an on-demand service. It enables organisations to run applications across vSphere based cloud environments with access to a broad range of AWS services.
Key features and benefits
- Delivers rapid, on-demand capacity to support the customer’s business needs.
- Achieve consistent infrastructure delivered as a service.
- Optimised to run on a dedicated, elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure that is fully integrated as part of the AWS Cloud.
- Realise enterprise grade scale and performance:
- Elastic Infrastructure with scale
- HA built in to the infrastructure
- Ability to stretch networks between on-premise and VMC on AWS that retains consistency of networking configuration, natively with the service
- High Speed private network connection between on-premises and VMC on AWS for increased bandwidth and reliability
Key use cases
- Cloud Migration – Accelerate cloud migration without complex conversions and run your applications on VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Enterprise Infrastructure – speed up provisioning and reduce procurement time. Hosts can be added in minutes. Take advantage of elastic capacity and usage based economics.
- Cloud hosting – improve redundancy and high-availability, taking advantage of globally available services. Flexible usage based pricing and simpler cloud deployments.
- Dev/Test and Production – deliver SDDC consistent dev or test environments that integrate with modern DevOps style automation tools. Access native AWS services seamlessly for new application development.
Activities and Outcomes
Xtravirt’s service delivers the following:
- Onsite training to gain a deeper understanding of VMC on AWS and how it works
- Workshop sessions discussing key components and services and hands-on demo
- Assessment of specific use cases, planning and strategy
- Presentation of documented findings including next step options
- Introduction to VMC on AWS
- VMC on AWS Management Console demo
- VMC on AWS key components and services
- Information gathering session covering existing customer environmental and operational processes
- Customer use case discussion
- Strategy definition and planning session
- High level design workshop
- Next steps for moving to VMC on AWS with Xtravirt
We deliver end-to-end outcomes, from cloud strategy through to solution implementation, including designing and building private/hybrid clouds & self-service provisioning and management. Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include, CloudCheck, CloudConnect for Disaster Recovery, CloudConnect for Test and Development and Migration as a Service. Alternatively, services can be tailored to fit specific customer requirements.