At a glance
VMware NSX-T™ is a key component of the Software-Defined Data Centre (SDDC) delivering network virtualisation across multi-tenant, Hybrid-Cloud, and containerised environments.
Xtravirt designs and builds strategies and solutions to solve complex IT challenges to unlock your full business and technology potential. If Software-Defined Networking (SDN) is on your roadmap then this is the place to start.
The VMware NSX-T Planning Workshop is a structured 2-day planning and strategy service delivered by Xtravirt that provides the following:
- First hand practical preparation and training from specialists, tailored to your environment. Leverage their experience to set the right approach for your organisation, thereby avoiding any potential pitfalls
- Expert coaching through strategy and planning sessions that identifies which focal areas will give you the greatest return on investment
- Findings captured directly from the sessions are documented, including key planning information around solution design, real world best practices, impacts and dependencies
NSX-T can enhance and simplify the data centre environment with network virtualisation as well as deliver immediate benefits to the business across a broad range of use cases. It offers application-centric security at the workload level to prevent the lateral spread of threats, and, due to its true cloud hybridity, security rules follow applications and workloads even across multi-cloud environments.
- Provides a complete set of logical networking elements and services including: logical switching and routing, distributed firewalls, load balancers, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Quality of Service (QoS) and monitoring
- Multi-hypervisor, multi-cloud networking and security from one platform
- Capable of multi-tenant routing with Network Address Translation (NAT) & load-balancing available at the tenant level
- Generalised container plug-in architecture
- Ultimate workload mobility as security rules follow the workload through whichever cloud platform is required
- Scale-out distributed controller architecture
- Enable a non-disruptive deployment over existing physical networks and topologies, and supports multi-hypervisors
Key use cases
- Application and container security and management – increase security with micro-segmentation and dynamic firewalling, while reducing rule sprawl with central policy management. Environments can be isolated, enabling Mobile DMZ’s and secure end user workloads (e.g. VDI).
- Hybrid cloud network automation and optimisation – speed up network provisioning and simplify service insertion, whilst reducing the risk of network changes with automatic policies that avoid manual errors.
- Containerised application security – the NSX-T Container Plug-in (NCP) will connect your Kubernetes container cluster to the rest of your SDDC infrastructure, providing seamless logical networking, load-balancing and security to your containerised applications.
Activities and Outcomes
Xtravirt’s service delivers the following:
- Onsite training to gain a deeper understanding of what NSX-T is and how it works, including associated technologies and concepts
- Workshop session discussing organisation strategy requirements, constraints and operation readiness
- Capturing of specific use cases and definition of a high-level design approach and framework implementation model
- Presentation of documented findings including next step options
- Introduction to a SDDC
- Network virtualisation with VMware NSX-T
- NSX-T key components and services overview
- Deploying NSX-T outline
- Bridging virtual and physical workloads
- Introduction to NSX-T troubleshooting
- Customer use case discussion
- High-level design workshop
- Next steps for deploying NSX-T with Xtravirt
Other related services delivered by Xtravirt include Network Virtualisation Planning for VMware NSX-V and Cloud Automation for VMware vRealize services, as well as custom or bespoke services tailored to fit the specific customer requirements.